Your privacy is critically important to us. At BIGFRAME.hosting, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect this information from three sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Divi Space account to provide a name, email address, password, phone number, company/organization (if applicable), and billing information (as described below).
- Transaction and Payment Information: As our Services require a fee, during sign up you provide additional personal and payment information that is necessary to process the transaction and your payments, such as your credit card information and billing information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you might also provide us with information about you in draft and published content (like a page that includes biographic information about you or any media or files you upload).
- Credentials: You may provide us with credentials for your self-hosted website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password). For example, you may provide us with credentials for your previous website host so that we may migrate your site to BIGFRAME.hosting.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you communicate with our Customer Success Team about a support question or submit a sales inquiry form.
- Job Applicant Information: If you apply for a job with us — awesome! You may provide us with information like your name, contact information, resume or CV, and work authorization verification as part of the application process.
- Any Other Information You Provide to Us: You may also provide us with information in a few other situations such as in person at events and conferences, via surveys, or when you provide us with information about your site to build or migrate your site onto BIGFRAME.hosting.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, and operating system.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that you perform through your BIGFRAME.hosting website management portal–in other words, who did what and when. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views and features enabled for your website). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you log into your BIGFRAME.hosting account through another service (like Google), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, email address, and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures for that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and what options are available.
Third-party services may also give us information, like mailing addresses for individuals who are not yet our users (but we hope will be!). We use this information for marketing purposes.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
To provide our Services
For example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, provide customer service, process payments and orders, and verify user information.
To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our services
For example, by providing automatic upgrades and new versions of our Services. Or, for example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them create and manage websites more efficiently or make our Services easier to use.
To protect our Services, our users, and the public
For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of Automattic and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
To fix problems with our Services
For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
To customize the user experience
For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services.
To communicate with you
For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on BIGFRAME.hosting, or calling you to share offers and promotions that we think will be of interest to you. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account)
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to allow you to host your website using our Services or charge you for a plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
How We Share Information
We don’t sell your personal information.
We do share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below, as well as in the section called Analytics Services Provided by Others.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about BIGFRAME.hosting users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of BIGFRAME.hosting, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services, or share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request to help us clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it– described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we’re not legally required to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to BIGFRAME.hosting’s websites, like the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to BIGFRAME.hosting’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, BIGFRAME.hosting does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using BIGFRAME.hosting’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of BIGFRAME.hosting’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your BIGFRAME.hosting account if you no longer want to use our Services. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
Contacting us about these rights
You can access, correct, or delete some of your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to or you’d like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your account. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Visitors to Our Users’ Websites
Users control the content posted on their sites, so any disputes regarding content on a user’s site should be made directly to the site owner, such as through their “contact us” page, at an email address they provide, or by leaving a comment on the site.